About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If you are not comfortable with franchised dealers or don't have the time to shop and compare several brands, my service is tailored for you! I help busy people buy new cars by offering expert advice and access to a network of top dealers for all brands. It's like having a friendly salesman for every brand in one person.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Volvo Future Products


I would love to see the Volvo brand return to its former glory. I still remember the square 240 sedans and wagons from late 70’s and 80’s Europe and they were considered great cars. I also remember the 240 turbo sedan from the mid-eighties. I had the pleasure of spending some quality behind the wheel time in a couple of examples that left my white-knuckled passengers gasping for air. The car was fast. 8.5 seconds 0 – 60 mph was, in 1985 and in a large 4-door sedan, fast indeed.

Volvo has some quality products now: mainly the CX60 and the S60, but lacks the former glory and uniqueness. The brand still resonates and deserves to be brought up to date with a 4 – 5 car range lineup.


1988 Volvo wagon

No comments:

Post a Comment