About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If you are not comfortable with franchised dealers or don't have the time to shop and compare several brands, my service is tailored for you! I help busy people buy new cars by offering expert advice and access to a network of top dealers for all brands. It's like having a friendly salesman for every brand in one person.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

In defense of the new Passat


My colleague BT is not crazy about the new Passat’s styling and I’ve read many critical comments from other industry observers. I think the demand for cars with understated elegance (bland styling for some people) is just developing. For many drivers attracting attention to their vehicles from onlookers, and more importantly our traffic gendarmes, is not desirable. Rather, attention to detail and the way the car looks inside and feels when driven is what counts. VW delivers just that and great fuel economy (TDI model) with the new Passat.
I’ll take my Passat in the TDI Highline trim with Navigation, in Night Blue Metallic and Beige leather. A long term test would be in order and I’m the perfect candidate (208,000 km on my TDI Jetta). Are you listening VW Canada?

No comments:

Post a Comment