About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If you are not comfortable with franchised dealers or don't have the time to shop and compare several brands, my service is tailored for you! I help busy people buy new cars by offering expert advice and access to a network of top dealers for all brands. It's like having a friendly salesman for every brand in one person.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pedestrian Priority Phase


When I first heard about the City of Toronto implementing the Pedestrian Priority Phase for traffic lights at some city intersections, I was ecstatic. It is a feature that allows pedestrians to cross the road safely at an intersection in any direction while traffic is stopped for all vehicles. I was thinking: what a great idea! You would have one phase for pedestrians and two phases for each direction of traffic. Much easier for pedestrians: they can cross in any direction, and much easier for cars: they can turn without having to wait for pedestrians to cross. How did our smart mandarins design it? They left all phases the same and ADDED the extra Priority Phase for pedestrians! Result? Big improvement for pedestrians. Hell for cars. What was I thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment