About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If you are not comfortable with franchised dealers or don't have the time to shop and compare several brands, my service is tailored for you! I help busy people buy new cars by offering expert advice and access to a network of top dealers for all brands. It's like having a friendly salesman for every brand in one person.

Friday, February 17, 2012

BMW 6-Series Coupe


BMW’s new 6-Series Coupe is a beautiful car. It has the presence, style and performance that scream macho and sophistication at the same time. It is a very difficult balance to achieve for the designers and engineers alike. I’m not a big admirer of overly flashy cars. They tend to attract the wrong kind of attention from the police and the right kind of attention from the wrong kind of women. I’m not a big fan of either. But this car grabs you and doesn’t let go. I would be perfectly OK to park it in my living room (if it was big enough).

But wait, what are those letters on the back of the car? 640d? d? God help us all: It’s a diesel! It is in fact a 3.0-litre twin-turbocharged in-line six-cylinder unit producing 313hp at 4,400rpm and 630Nm of torque from only 1,500rpm (European specs).

This is MY car! If the lottery gods allow, I will move back to Europe (at least temporarily) just to be able to drive it! You’d have to move to Europe of course, because BMW is not going to bring this car to North America. In their typical German arrogance, they think we are too stupid for a sophisticated machine like this. Are we?

No comments:

Post a Comment