About Me

My photo
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
If you are not comfortable with franchised dealers or don't have the time to shop and compare several brands, my service is tailored for you! I help busy people buy new cars by offering expert advice and access to a network of top dealers for all brands. It's like having a friendly salesman for every brand in one person.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Insanity of Toronto's Traffic Lights

I recently drove to work along Jane Street – a major north-south traffic artery in west Toronto. From Bloor Street West to Sheppard Avenue West I counted 30 traffic signal controlled intersections. A red light stopped me at 20 of them! Only seven of the intersections were with east-west major streets. Assuming you couldn’t coordinate with those streets, 13 of my red lights were completely unnecessary! That is a serious crime! You need an environmental cause your social activism can’t live without? How about synchronizing traffic signals in this city? Hundreds of thousands of liters of fuel burned and countless hours wasted needlessly by idling cars every day! It surely beats the issue of a pipeline from Alberta to Texas for any practical and sensible person.

No comments:

Post a Comment